GENERAL TERMS (Hrvaska.net - Gradtur d.o.o.)
(private accommodation, hotels, lighthouses, villas)
hrvaska.net provides accommodation services in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions, and with the period and details of the confirmed reservation. hrvaska.net is not liable for circumstances caused by conditions beyond its control, including wars, riots, strikes, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, sanitary disruptions, restrictions by local authorities, death or illness of service provider and the like.)
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
Inquiries and booking of accommodation can be done electronically, by mail or in person at the hrvaska.net office.
When booking, the customer confirms that he is familiar with the General Terms and Conditions, and that he accepts them in their entirety. Thus, everything stated in the General Terms and Conditions becomes legally binding both for the customer and hrvaska.net.
When booking, the customer is required to give all the information necessary in the booking procedure. When booking, the customer is required to pay an advance, depending on the payment method, while the balance and Sojourn tax must be paid at least 15 days prior to the arrival date or directly to the host upon arrival, depending on the payment method, that the guest was informed about while confirming the reservation.
According to the Croatian Law on the Sojourn Tax, customers are required to pay the Sojourn Tax when paying for their accommodation. The Sojourn Tax varies from 2,00 to 8,00 KN per person per day for adults.
Customers from the age of 12 to 18 have a 50% discount, while children under the age of 12 are exempt from paying. The final amount of the Sojourn Tax is determined by the destination and travel period, and is charged according to the General Terms and Conditions when balance payment is made.
PRICE OF ACCOMMODATION
The price of accommodation includes the basic service as described in the booked accommodation unit. Special services are those not included in the price of accommodation (in accommodation unit description indicated by services upon agreement or additional services available if arranged in advance); therefore the customer pays for them separately. These services must be requested at the time of booking.
The price of accommodation is given in EUR. hrvaska.net reserves the right to make changes to the stated prices (in the event that the host changes prices or there are changes in exchange rates). For customers who have paid an advance for their reservation, hrvaska.net guarantees the price of accommodation, stated in the calculation according to which the advance was paid. If the changes occur prior to the payment of the advance, hrvaska.net is required to inform the customer.
If more customers than are stated on the voucher arrive at the accommodation unit, the host has the right to deny the extra customers accommodation or to accommodate all of the customers at extra charge directly made to the host.
CATEGORIZATION AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Accommodation units offered by hrvaska.net are described in accordance to the official categorization of the authorized institution, and based on onsite assessment prior to being put in hrvaska.net's online offer.
Standards for accommodation, food, services, etc. differ from place to place, country to country, and cannot be compared. Information obtained at the point of sale does not oblige hrvaska.net in any way more than any information available on the Internet pages www.hrvaska.net in the hrvaska.net catalog or other printed material.
hrvaska.net's RIGHT TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
hrvaska.net reserves the right to change or modify a reservation in case of circumstances caused by conditions beyond its control that cannot be predicted, avoided or rectified (See Article 1). Booked accommodation can be substituted only by an accommodation unit of the same or higher category and at the price confirmed during booking, provided that customer are notified ahead of time.
Should the substitute accommodation be available only in an accommodation unit of higher category and should the price of the substitute accommodation be higher by 15% or more than the initially booked accommodation, hrvaska.net reserves the right to charge the price difference upon consulting the customer.
In cases where substitute accommodation for paid accommodation is not available, hrvaska.net reserves the right to cancel the reservation upon prior customer notification (at least 7 days before arrival) and guarantees the refund of the complete paid amount.
Should an adequate substitute accommodation not be available on the day of arrival, hrvaska.net will provide information on available accommodation that is not included in hrvaska.net's offer and guarantees the refund of the complete paid amount.
CUSTOMER'S RIGHT TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
Should the customer wish to change or cancel a reservation, this must be done in written form (email, mail, or fax). The following are examples of changes: changes to the number of customers, changes to arrival / departure dates. Changes must be made at least 30 days prior to the arrival date.
The first change to the reservation is free of charge, unless it entails further expenses for hrvaska.net. For all further changes to the reservation, 15 EUR will be charged per change. Should a change to the reservation not be possible and should the customer cancel for this reason, the conditions for the cancellation of reservation listed below will be enforced. The following are examples of cancellation of reservation: change of accommodation unit, and all changes done within 30 days of the arrival date or during use of the accommodation unit.
In case of cancellation of reservation, the date of receipt of the written cancellation is used to calculate cancellation costs as follows:
- For cancellation up to 15 days before arrival date, 30% of the accommodation price will be charged (the advance will not be returned),
- For cancellation from 14 - 9 days before arrival date, 50% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- For cancellation from 8 - 3 days before arrival date, 80% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- For cancellation 2 days before arrival date, or not come, or cancel during use of the accommodation unit, 100% of the accommodation price will be charged.
For cancelation In circumstances caused by conditions beyond their control, customers must produce a written statement and hrvaska.net will charge for real costs only, up to a maximum of 25% of the total value of the reservation.
PAYEMENT ON SPOT - PHOBS RESERVATIONS
For cancelation when direct reservations are made with payment on the spot and insured by credit card, please check details for cancelation on reserved object.
It is hrvaska.net's obligation to take care of provided services, hosts, and customers' interests and rights according to accepted customs and practices in tourism. hrvaska.net will carry out all stated obligations in full and as described above, except in circumstances caused by conditions beyond its control (Article 1), when Article 6 is applied.
The customer is required:
- to have valid travel documents,
- to obey customs regulations and currency exchange regulations of the Republic of Croatia,
- to obey house rules in accommodation units and to have good relations with the host,
- to produce the confirmation of payment (Voucher received by mail or email) upon arrival,
- the customer is obligated to check whether a visa is necessary for Croatia or neighboring countries.
Should the customer not follow the above listed obligations, the customer is liable for caused damage and must cover the expenses.
By confirming the reservation, the customer accepts to pay for all damages caused directly to the host.
hrvaska.net is not responsible for damaged, destroyed or lost luggage, as well as for the theft of luggage or valuables in the accommodation unit (rental of a safety deposit box is recommended if available). Lost luggage or stolen goods should be reported to the host and the local police department.
Should the services provided not be satisfactory, the customer is entitled to seek reasonable compensation by filing a written complaint. Every customer is entitled to file a complaint if the paid service is not provided. Every customer - reservation holder, files a separate complaint.
- The customer must immediately make a complaint about the inadequate service to the host. The customer is required to cooperate with the hrvaska.net representative and the host in order to rectify the problem. Should the customer not accept the offered solution that corresponds to the paid for service on the spot, hrvaska.net will not accept subsequent complaint and will not reply to it.
- Should the problem not be rectified, the customer is required to make a written complaint in two copies with the help of the hrvaska.net representative, signed by both of them. One copy goes to the customer.
- Within 8 days upon return, the customer is required to file a written complaint along with accompanying documentation stating grounds for complaint to hrvaska.net. hrvaska.net will take into consideration only properly filed complaints received within 8 days.
- hrvaska.net assumes responsibility to make a written decision to the complaint within 14 days upon receipt of the complaint. Should hrvaska.net need more time to collect information and verify the complaint with the host, it can prolong the response time by a maximum of 14 days. hrvaska.net will take into consideration only those complaints that could not be solved on the spot.
- Until hrvaska.net presents its solution, the customer refrains from mediation by any other party, arbitration by the Association of Croatian Travel Agencies, or from taking the matter to court, and from informing the press.
The maximum compensation per complaint can amount to the cost of the part of the service(s) in the complaint. It cannot amount to the total paid to hrvaska.net and cannot include services already provided.
Premium support package
upgrade of standard package Surcharge 1,2% from the booking value
- change of the booking without any surcharge (if the change is possible),
- change of travelers on the voucher free of charge,
- additional telephone support: call centre available for 12 hours (from
8:00 h till 20:00 h) during the whole week
With standard package call centre is available only from Monday to Friday from 8h to 16h and all booking changes are charged extra.
SPECIAL TERMS Consumer Protection Act
Extracts of the Consumer Protection Act - 1, relating to the organization of travel arrangements (valid from 15.01.2008)
Application: The Act applies exclusively to consumers.
The Act applies exclusively to packaged travel arrangements and not to other tourism services
Should the customer not be satisfied with the solution to the complaint, the matter can be taken to court (Ljubljana Court jurisdiction).
Upon payment of the advance or the total amount, the customer accepts the General Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
Ljubljana, 18. 01. 2003